Lemon Creme Bars
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or unbleached
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix at low speed until
- Press half of crumb mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread with lemon mixture. Crumble remaining mixture over all.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until light golden brown. (Bars will be soft.)
- Chill. Cut into bars.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars