Lemon Dream Bars
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup angel flake coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Base: Combine ingredients to make coarse crumbs.
- Pat firmly into ungreased 9-inch square cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes until set but not brown.
- Topping: Combine ingredients and spread over the base.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Top immediately with icing.
- Cool for 15 minutes and cut into bars.
- Icing: Mix together and spread over hot bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.