Lemon Love Notes
"Snowy confectioners' sugar coating contributes to the cookies'
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Mix butter, 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar.
- Press into an ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Combine sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and baking powder.
- Add eggs, lemon juice and peel. Mix well.
- Pour evenly over baked, cooled mixture in pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) 25 minutes. (Top puffs up in baking,
but falls in cooling.)
- Cool in pan on rack and cut in 2-inch squares.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Source: Homemade Cookies by the Food Editors of Farm Journal (1971)
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.