Lemon Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)
- Juice of 3 lemons or more
- Zest of 2 lemons, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 orange, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add the flour and oatmeal to make the dough
(it will be a little crumbly). Set aside.
- Stir juice and zest into the sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- Press 2/3 of dough into prepared pan.
- Spread the lemon/milk mixture evenly over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top, press down lightly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Cool for at least 1 hour for easy slicing.
- Slice into 1-inch squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.