- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Batter: Mix in medium bowl butter or margarine, sugar and flour.
- Press into lightly buttered 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, baking powder, sugar and walnuts in medium bowl.
- Pour over first mixture and bake again for 20 minutes.
- Glaze: In mixing bowl, stir together lemon juice, lemon peel, butter and enough
confectioners' sugar to make a spreading consistency.
- Spread over hot mixture in pan.
- Cool completely, then cut into squares.
Yield: about 32 squares
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes