- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners'
sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Process butter, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 cup flour in food
processor 10 seconds, or blend with pastry blender.
- Pat dough evenly into 9-inch
round pie plate you've greased with butter or with baking spray.
- Bake 12
to 15 minutes, until golden.
- While baking, combine eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons
flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture over hot crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes more
or until slightly firm.
- Let cool completely in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and cut into 12 slices.
- Optional: Garnish with whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
Makes about 32 squares.