These bars are even better sprinkled with confectioners' sugar after they've
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) butter
- 1 cup (4 1/4 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) lemon juice*
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- A pinch of salt
* Double the lemon juice for a more "lemony" bar.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the butter into the flour and confectioners' sugar, and press into
a 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Combine the topping ingredients.
- When the bottom is done, and still hot,
pour the topping over it and continue baking for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with confectioners' sugar.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: kingarthurflour.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.