Lime in de Co-Co-Nut Bars
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
stick (6 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked
coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest (from about 2 limes)
- 1/3 cup
sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- Crust: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square baking
pan, knocking out excess flour.
- In a bowl blend together with fingertips flour, butter, coconut, confectioners'
sugar, and salt until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Pat mixture into prepared
pan and bake in middle of oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Custard Filling: In a bowl whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until
combined well and stir in flour, lime juice, and zest.
- Pour mixture over crust and bake in middle of oven 20 minutes.
- Top custard with coconut and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until just set.
- Cool in pan on a rack and chill 1 hour.
Yield: 16 bars
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.