Lime in the Coconut
Frosted Cheesecake Bars
Pack a powerful punch of tropical flavors with a quick-mix layered bar. This
recipe combines three of my all-time favorite flavors—cheesecake, coconut and
fresh zesty lime—on a crisp sugar cookie crust, topped with a delectable cream
- 1 (17.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) container Betty Crocker® Whipped cream cheese frosting
- 1 1/4 cups coconut, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with
- In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Press evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium
speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in cream of coconut until well blended.
- Beat in lime juice, vanilla extract and 2 eggs until smooth.
- Spread over cookie base.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and light golden brown on edges.
- Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to cool completely.
- Carefully spread frosting over filling.
- Sprinkle with coconut and lime peel.
- Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
To toast coconut, spread on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F
for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until coconut is light golden brown.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Bar) Calories 340 (Calories from Fat
210), Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 180mg;
Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 20g), Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 2.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 4 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes