- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons limoncello - store bought or homemade (or 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons limoncello - store bought or homemade (or 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 15 thick-skinned lemons
- 2 (750 milliliter) bottles vodka
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 cups water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Cream butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Stir in flour, zest, limoncello and salt until a dough forms.
- Pat dough into an 8-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until it just begins to brown.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely.
- Glaze: Mix confectioners' sugar and limoncello together.
- Drizzle over top.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Limoncello: Remove the lemon rind with a vegetable peeler, then remove all
white pith on the back of the peel by scraping with a knife. Place rind in a
large jar. Add one bottle of vodka and stir. Seal jar and store the vodka in
a dark cabinet for 40 days at room temperature.
- After 40 days, boil the sugar and water together 5 minutes to form a simple
syrup. Cool to room temperature and add it to the lemon-vodka mixture, along
with the second bottle of vodka; mix well. Cover and store 40 more days.
- After day 80, remove Limoncello from the cabinet, strain it and discard
the lemon peel. Pour into clean bottles and chill in the freezer (it won't freeze).
Yield: 16 squares; 2 bottles Limoncello
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes