Linzer Torte Bars
Three easy steps give you fruit-filled bars for a crowd!
- 3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups ground walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups raspberry or strawberry preserves
- Additional powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients except preserves and additional powdered sugar with spoon until crumbly.
- Reserve 2 cups of the mixture for topping; press remaining mixture in bottom of ungreased 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Spread with preserves.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; press gently into preserves.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
- For bars, cut into 12 rows by 6 rows.
Yield: 72 bars
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Increase bake time for second baking to 25 to 30
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker ©2004 and /™ General Mills
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes