This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Macadamia Caramel Bars
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 firmly packed cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 25 unwrapped caramels
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and egg, then cut in 1/2 cup butter
- Stir in nuts.
- Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder
firmly on bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake 15 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened condensed
milk and remaining 1/2 cup butter.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.