Magic Cherry Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (without stems), drained, patted dry and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for glass baking pan).
- In small bowl, combine Graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
- Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Chill if desired.
- Cut into bars or diamonds.
- Store covered at room temperature.
Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars