Magic Cookie Bars
Crunchy and delicious treat, made quick 'n easy right in the baking pan.
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup
(1 stick) regular margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Diamond
- 1 cup (6 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/3 cups (3
1/2 ounce can) flaked coconut
- 1 can Borden Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Measure corn flake crumbs, sugar and margarine into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking
pan; mix thoroughly.
- With back of tablespoon press mixture evenly and firmly
in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Sprinkle walnuts evenly over crust.
- Scatter chocolate morsels over walnuts.
- Sprinkle coconut evenly over chocolate morsels.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) about 25 minutes or until lightly
browned around edges.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 54 (2 x 1 inch) Magic Cookie Bars
Source: Family Circle magazine 11/70