Maple Sugar Bars
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup maple sugar (crushed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 17 1/2 x 12 x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Cream shortening, adding granulated sugar gradually, creaming until light
- Cream in maple sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and milk and blend well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and add gradually to creamed mixture.
- Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut with sharp knife into bars while hot.
Yield: 4 dozen bars
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.