Marbled Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 ounces (1/2 baking bar) bittersweet chocolate, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Crust: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour, pecans, butter and brown sugar; mix well.
- Press mixture onto
the bottom of an ungreased 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Let cool while preparing batter.
- Batter: Melt chocolate in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.
Stir chocolate occasionally until smooth; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla
extract until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Remove 1 cup batter and reserve.
- Add melted chocolate to the mixing bowl and combine.
- Spoon chocolate batter over the crust.
- Pour the 1 cup of reserved plain batter over the chocolate batter.
- Using the blade of a butter knife, swirl
the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is set.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Cover, and transfer
the pan to the refrigerator to chill, approximately 3 hours.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.