This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Marbled Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 ounces (1/2 baking bar) bittersweet chocolate, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Crust: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour, pecans, butter and brown sugar; mix well.
- Press mixture onto
the bottom of an ungreased 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Let cool while preparing batter.
- Batter: Melt chocolate in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.
Stir chocolate occasionally until smooth; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla
extract until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Remove 1 cup batter and reserve.
- Add melted chocolate to the mixing bowl and combine.
- Spoon chocolate batter over the crust.
- Pour the 1 cup of reserved plain batter over the chocolate batter.
- Using the blade of a butter knife, swirl
the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is set.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Cover, and transfer
the pan to the refrigerator to chill, approximately 3 hours.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.