- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- 1 tablespoon triple sec (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Base: Combine in a large bowl the flour, confectioners' sugar and softened
butter. Mix using electric mixer until crumbly.
- Press mixture in bottom of ungreased 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Filling: Mix together eggs, sugar, flour and baking powder. Blend well.
- Stir in lime juice and blend well.
- Pour mixture over warm crust.
- Return to oven
and bake another 25 to 30 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Icing: Mix together confectioners' sugar and lime juice. Mixture should
be spreading consistency (add more juice if necessary.)
- Spread icing over top and cut into bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.