This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- 1 tablespoon triple sec (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Base: Combine in a large bowl the flour, confectioners' sugar and softened
butter. Mix using electric mixer until crumbly.
- Press mixture in bottom of ungreased 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Filling: Mix together eggs, sugar, flour and baking powder. Blend well.
- Stir in lime juice and blend well.
- Pour mixture over warm crust.
- Return to oven
and bake another 25 to 30 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Icing: Mix together confectioners' sugar and lime juice. Mixture should
be spreading consistency (add more juice if necessary.)
- Spread icing over top and cut into bars.