This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Mars Bar Slices
- 5 or 6 regular size Mars Bars
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup Rice Krispies or Cocoa Pops
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 slab cooking chocolate
- Soften the Mars Bars in a bowl in the microwave until just soft and easy
- Mix the butter or margarine into the soft and still hot Mars Bars mixture
and combine well.
- Add the honey and combine well.
- Add in the Rice Krispies or
Coco Pops, folding them in carefully so you don't crush them in the mixture.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch square cake pan, ensuring that the thickness
of the bars will be approximately 1 inch.
- Melt the cooking chocolate over slow heat or microwave and coat the Mars
Bar mixture in the pan with a layer of it. The amount would depend on how much
chocolate you like. Even out the edges and sprinkle more chopped almonds onto
the cooking chocolate, pressing some into it.
- Chill until firm and cut into bars.