This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Marshmallow Banana Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups ripe mashed bananas
- 1 (7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Stir in baking soda mixture and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients alternately
with bananas, beating well after each addition.
- Spread into a greased 15 x 9-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drop spoonsful of Marshmallow Creme onto bars.
- Let stand for 2 minutes and gently spread over bars. Cool and frost.
- Frosting: Combine 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon butter,
1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and a few drops of yellow food