Marshmallow Banana Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups ripe mashed bananas
- 1 (7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Stir in baking soda mixture and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients alternately
with bananas, beating well after each addition.
- Spread into a greased 15 x 9-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drop spoonsful of Marshmallow Creme onto bars.
- Let stand for 2 minutes and gently spread over bars. Cool and frost.
- Frosting: Combine 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon butter,
1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and a few drops of yellow food
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.