This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, unsifted
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds, ground
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, unsifted
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Filling: Combine sugar and ground almonds and mix thoroughly.
- Add egg white and mix.
- Stir in water to thick consistency. Set aside.
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with
pastry blender until evenly distributed.
- Mix vanilla extract with egg; stir into flour mixture. Set aside 3/4 cup
- Press remaining dough evenly into 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Spread marzipan over dough.
- Form remaining dough into 1/2-inch strips and arrange in large lattice
pattern over filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into 36 bars (about 2 x 1 1/2 inches).
Source: C and H Sugar Kitchen