Melt-in-Your-Mouth Lemon Bars
Incredibly tender melt-in-your-mouth lemon bars. These bars will become a favorite!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
fresh lemon rind (optional)
- For the base mix the butter into the flour and confectioners' sugar. Mix
with hands until it clings together.
- Press into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For the filling, beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Stir into egg mixture.
- Pour over
baked, cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool and sift confectioners' sugar over the top.
- Cut into bars.
Bake Time 45 to 50 minutes