Melt-in-Your-Mouth Lemon Bars
Incredibly tender melt-in-your-mouth lemon bars. These bars will become a favorite!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (optional)
- Base: Mix the butter into the flour and confectioners' sugar. Mix
with hands until it clings together.
- Press into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Filling: Beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Stir into egg mixture.
- Pour over baked, cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool and sift confectioners' sugar over the top.
- Cut into bars.
Serves 8-12 | Bake Time 45 to 50 minutes
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.