- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Colored sugar
- In large mixing bowl, combine egg yolk and remaining ingredients except
nuts and colored sugar. Blend well at low speed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts; mix thoroughly.
- Spread in ungreased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Beat egg white until frothy; spread over bars.
- Sprinkle remaining walnuts and colored sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly; cut into bars.
Yield: 40 bars
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.