- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups sifted icing
- Green food coloring
- 3 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Base: Mix together and press into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Filling: Cream together butter, custard powder and flavoring.
stir in milk and icing sugar alternately.
- Tint to palest green with food coloring.
- Spread over base and chill well before icing.
- Icing: Melt and blend together chocolate and butter.
- Spread on chilled mixture.
- Chill until set and cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator. May be frozen.
Yield: 48 bars
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4/4/02 4:59:02 pm.