M&M Cheesecake Squares
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 225 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup M&M's candies
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and walnuts, mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture into
bottom of 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla extract, mixing at medium
speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add egg, mix well.
- Layer 1/2 cup candy over crust; top with cream cheese mixture.
- Combine remaining candy, chopped, and reserved crumb mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut in to 16 equal squares.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/14/01 8:58:19 pm.