This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Looking for a homemade dessert using Gold Medal® flour? Then try this mouth-watering
- 3 tablespoons light rum or 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract plus 3 tablespoons water
- 16 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 6 limes)
- 2 to 3 drops green food color, if desired
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In small bowl, combine rum and chopped mint. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together with electric
mixer on medium speed.
- Mix in 1 3/4 cups of the flour on low speed, just until well combined.
- Press in pan.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix eggs and sugar, with whisk.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup flour and salt, mix with whisk until blended.
- Mix in lime peel, lime juice, food color and milk.
- Place strainer over medium bowl; pour rum mixture into strainer.
- Press mixture
with back of spoon through strainer to drain liquid from leaves; discard leaves.
- Mix strained liquid into egg mixture, with whisk until well combined.
- Pour over partially baked crust.
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes longer or until center is set.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Store bars, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
Prep time 15 Min | Servings 24
If desired, omit mint leaves and
substitute 1/2 teaspoon mint extract. Add extract with the rum as directed.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Bars) Calories 170 (Calories from Fat
60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 75mg;
Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 16g), Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 0.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):