This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Monkey Cereal Bars
Here's a no-bake bar with something for everyone: walnuts, cocoa, coconut and
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 cups Cocoa Puffs™ Cereal
- 1 cup coarsely crushed dried banana chips*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- On ungreased cookie sheet with sides, bake walnuts at 350 degrees F for
- Remove cookie sheet from oven.
- Stir coconut into walnuts.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until coconut is light
golden brown, stirring twice during baking.
- Set aside to cool.
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Stir in cocoa until well blended.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal, banana chips, toasted walnuts and coconut until evenly coated;
pour into sprayed pan.
- Spread mixture evenly, pressing down slightly.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
prep time 15 min | servings 12
* To easily crush banana chips, place in gallon-size resealable food-storage
plastic bag. Use rolling pin to crush chips.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Bar Calories 295 Calories from Fat 125 Total
Fat 14g Saturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 130mg Total Carbohydrate 39g Dietary
Fiber 2g Sugars 22g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 6% Iron 16%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Bake-Off® Contest 41, 2004, Sita L. Williams, Blacksburg, Virginia
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):