Mud Hen Bars
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Cream margarine, butter and sugar.
- Beat in whole egg and two egg yolks.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Combine the two mixtures and blend thoroughly.
- Spread batter in 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle nuts, chocolate pieces and marshmallows over top of cake batter.
- Beat two egg whites stiff; fold in brown sugar.
- Spread over cake and bake for 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated oven at
350 degrees F.
- Cut into bars.
Good warm or cold.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.