None Such Fruited Oatmeal Bars
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/4
cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (9 ounce) packaged None Such Condensed
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Cut in
butter until crumbly.
- Remove 3/4 cup of crumb mixture.
- Stir in nuts and set
- Firmly press remaining crumb mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Crumble None Such into medium saucepan; add Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Drop by small spoonsful atop crust in pan; spread carefully to cover crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; press down lightly.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Yield: about 3 dozen bars
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Amanda Shirka.