Nutty Gumdrop Bars
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup gumdrops (no black), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bars: In small bowl combine milk and gumdrops. Let stand.
- In another bowl beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add milk mixture. Stir.
- Measure in flour, baking powder, salt and nuts. Stir well.
- Spread mixture in a 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Frost while still warm.
- Frosting: Beat together until smooth.
- Spread on warm squares.