Oatmeal Coconut Raspberry Bars
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread 3/4 cup coconut evenly on a baking sheet, and toast in middle of
oven, stirring once, until golden, about 8 minutes, then cool.
- Blend together flour, sugars and salt in a food processor, then add butter
and blend until a dough begins to form.
- Transfer to a bowl, and knead in oats and toasted coconut until combined well.
- Reserve 3/4 cup dough, then press remainder
evenly into bottom of a buttered 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan, and spread jam
- Crumble reserved dough evenly over jam, then sprinkle with remaining 3/4
cup (untoasted) coconut.
- Bake in middle of oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes, then cool completely
in pan on a rack.
- Loosen from sides of pan with a sharp knife, then lift out in one piece
and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into 24 bars.
Cook's note: Bars can be made three days ahead and kept in an airtight container
at room temperature.
Source: Gourmet, 2002
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes