Oatmeal Cream Cheese Butterscotch Bars
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pea-sized pieces, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (11-ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drape a 9 x 13-inch pan with overlapping
pieces of aluminum foil, creating handles for easy removal. Butter the foil.
- In a food processor add the flour, oats and brown sugar and pulse to combine.
- Add the 2 sticks of butter, the cinnamon and the butterscotch chips. Pulse until
the mixture forms clumps when pressed between your fingers.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan
in an even layer, reserve the other half.
- Bake just until slightly golden and set, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest and
juice and vanilla extract in an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle, or
with an electric hand mixer until no lumps of cream cheese remain.
- Spread evenly
over the baked and cooled oatmeal mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the
oatmeal mixture over the cream cheese.
- Bake until the top is golden, about 40 minutes.
- Cool and chill before cutting.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan, and
using the foil handles, transfer the bars to a cutting board. Cut into 2-inch
squares with a sharp knife and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes