Old-Fashioned Shortbread Cookie
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Beat butter with electric mixer, medium speed.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and cornstarch, beating well.
- Stir in flour until well combined.
- Firmly press dough into a lightly greased and floured 9-inch cookie
mold or cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Invert cookie from pan and let cool on wire rack.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) cookie