Ooey Gooey Candy and Chocolate Bars
Watch out for young-at-heart grown-ups who just might sneak a bite of these kid-pleasing,
- 1 (16.5 ounce) roll Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 10 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, break up cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in oats.
- With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring
frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over warm crust.
- Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffy.
- Drizzle caramel mixture evenly over warm bars.
- Sprinkle with chocolate candies.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows with hot, wet knife.
prep time 15 min | total time 1 hr 35 min | servings 24
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes