Ooey Gooey Karo Krisper Bars
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (optional)
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan and cook over medium
heat until it begins to boil. (Or microwave on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes until
syrup bubbles form around the edge of the pan). Stir mixture until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in peanut butter and remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, corn flakes, Rice Krispies (or substitute 5 to 6 cups of your
- Pour mixture into greased 8-inch square pan and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in small saucepan over lowest heat, stirring constantly.
(Or microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave at additional
10 to 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth).
- Spread over bars.
- If desired, melt peanut butter chips and use small spoon to dot or drizzle onto bars in
any design you prefer.
- Cut into squares or triangles.
Source: Karo 100th Anniversary Recipe Favorites (2002)
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes