Ooey Gooey S'Mores Bars
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or regular, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/3 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11.5 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 ( 7ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch baking
- Beat sugar, butter, vanilla extract and egg in a large bowl using an electric
mixer on medium speed or mix with a wooden spoon. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir in Graham cracker crumbs, flour, and salt.
- Reserve 2 cups Graham cracker mixture.
- Press remaining mixture in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Press slightly.
- Drop Marshmallow Creme by tablespoonsful over chocolate
- Wet the back of a tableware spoon and use it to lightly spread Marshmallow
- Sprinkle with the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Press lightly.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed and light golden
- Cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 6 rows x 4 rows.
Yield: 24 bars