- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Bars: Beat honey, brown sugar, oil and eggs until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and orange peel.
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir into honey-orange mixture.
- Add nuts and mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until done.
- Icing: Mix sugar with milk or orange juice.
- Add orange peel.
- Frost when bars are cool.