Orange Marmalade Cream Cheese Bars
A nutty shortbread crust topped with orange marmalade and cream cheese.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose lour
- 1 1/3 cups pecans, toasted, chopped, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Beat together butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix until well blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of the nuts (mixture
will be crumbly).
- Place 1 cup of mixture in small bowl and add remaining 1/3
- Set aside for topping.
- Press remaining mixture over bottom of buttered pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time,
beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of the marmalade.
- Spread cooled cookie base with remaining 3/4 c marmalade.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over top, spreading evenly
- Cool to room temperature in pan on rack.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Cut into 24 squares.
- Refrigerate airtight up to 5 days.
Source: The Joy of Cookies
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes