Orange Marmalade Slices
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Small jar orange marmalade
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening with the sugar, vanilla extract
and almond extract.
- Stir in the egg and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves
- Add to the first mixture and mix well.
- Spread half of the dough into
- Cover with a layer of marmalade.
- Pour the remaining dough over the
top and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.
Yield: 1 dozen