Orange Slice Bars
These bar cookies are wonderful and different. They're a great bake sale
and bazaar item. (Orange Slice Candies are sold in a cellophane bag, and shaped
like a thick orange slice.)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag orange slice candy
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cut up orange slices into tiny bits (if the scissors become too sticky,
dip in hot water).
- Soak candy pieces with 6 tablespoons boiling water and let
- The next day cream together the sugars, butter and eggs.
- Stir in the softened
bits of orange candy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add vanilla extract and
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread in greased 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pan, and bake at 350 degrees F
for 25 minutes.