Orange Slice Bars
- 1 pound candy orange slices, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Granulated sugar (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cut-up orange slices, flour and salt; toss
to dredge orange slices with flour.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and
pecans. Mix well with a spoon.
- Divide batter between 2 (9-inch) square pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool in pans, then cut into bars.
- Roll bars in granulated sugar, if
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.