Orange Slice Bars
- 1 pound candy orange slices, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a bowl, combine candy and water. Cover and soak overnight; drain well
and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in walnuts and candy.
- Spread into a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: about 4 dozen
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes