- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- Juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- Squares: Cream shortening and beat in sugar and eggs.
- Add flour which has
been mixed with baking soda and salt; add marmalade and nuts.
- Cut a piece of wax paper to fit a 13 x 9-inch pan; grease and flour the
- Pour dough into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Icing: Combine ingredients.
- Spread on cookies and cut into squares.