Peachy Cheesecake Squares
- 1/3 cup margarine, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup diced peaches
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor using the steel blade, place butter, brown sugar and
flour; blend into crumbs.
- Reserve 2 cups of this mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a 8-inch square greased baking dish.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, cream the sugar and cream cheese.
- Add egg and lemon juice. Beat on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in diced peaches and pecans.
- Spread the peach mixture over the crust,
and sprinkle top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until filling is set and the top
is lightly browned.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Refrigerate to store.