Peanut Brittle Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Blend in 2 tablespoons beaten egg
and vanilla extract.
- Blend in dry ingredients and 1/2 cup peanuts and mix thoroughly.
on greased baking sheet to a 14 x 10-inch rectangle.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon
beaten egg and sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut or break into pieces while still warm.
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 9/2/2001 6:40 pm
Source: Winner of $1,000 prize in 1953 Pillsbury 4th Grand National Baking and
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.