Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
(at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 24 mini peanut butter cups
cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat together brown and granulated sugars, butter and peanut butter in large
bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla
- Stir in flour mixture to blend.
- Fold in peanuts.
- Pour batter into prepared
- Quarter peanut butter cup pieces and press slightly into batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare topping by melting chocolate chips and butter over simmering water
in saucepan. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over bar in pan.
- Cut into bars.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.