Peanut Butter and Jam Bars
Great swirls of flavor! Here's a frosted bar with a favorite peanut butter and jam combo.
- 1 (17.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 (16 ounce) container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all Cookie Base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir frosting, milk and peanut butter until well blended.
- Spread over base.
- Stir jam; drop by teaspoonsful over frosting.
- Swirl jam for a marbled design with tip of knife.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
Prep time 10 Min | Servings 36
To swirl jam into frosting, use a narrow knife, toothpick or small
Use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer crunch.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Bar) Calories 160 (Calories from Fat
70), Total Fat 8g(Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 120mg;
Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g), Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 0.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker/©2011 General Mills