Peanutty Caramel Bars
- 1 package caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
cup butter or margarine, softened
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut
butter on HIGH for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 1 to 2 minutes longer or until melted.
- Add cereal and peanuts;
stir until coated.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan; set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat chips, butter and remaining peanut
butter on HIGH for 30 to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Spread over cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate before cutting.
Yield: 3 dozen
Posted by Pat's Cookin at Recipe Goldmine 10/8/2001 2:17 pm.