Peanutty Granola Bars
- 3 1/2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup coconut
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Toast oats in shallow baking pan in preheated moderate oven (350 degrees
F) for 8 minutes.
- Add coconut; toast an additional 5 minutes.
- Melt together butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and syrup in a medium-size
saucepan over low heat.
- Add toasted oats mixture, peanuts and egg. Mix well.
- Press firmly into a well-greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about 20 minutes.
- Cool; cut into bars.