Peanutty Pina Colada Bars
Peanutty Piña Colada Bars combine the flavor of pineapple and coconut with NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels in a twist on the traditional recipe.
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12-ounce
package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1/3 cup piña colada-flavored
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine peanut butter and butter in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat,
stirring often, until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in granulated
sugar, brown sugar, eggs, coconut extract and vanilla extract until combined.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan
on wire rack.
- Melt morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%)
power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If
necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just
until morsels are melted.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Let stand until topping is cooled.
- Cut into bars.
- Cover; store in refrigerator.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 18 mins
Servings: 32 bars
To toast coconut, spread coconut in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake
in a 350 degrees F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully
and stirring 2 to 3 times to prevent burning.
Jennifer Sweigert of Lynn Haven, FL created this wonderful bar cookie.
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestle and meals.com.