Pear Walnut Squares
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ripe Bartlett
pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, confectioners' sugar, butter, 1 teaspoon
of the cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 11 x
7-inch baking dish.
- Top with nuts and pear slices.
- In the same mixing bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract
and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon until well combined; pour over pears.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 175 cal., 9.6 g fat, 3 g pro., 20 g carb.,
41.2 mg sodium, 1.1 g fiber
Source: California Pear Advisory Board.